THE A.M.E. REVIEW
CONTINUING A TRADITION OF
OF RELIGOUS AND SCHOLARLY EXCELLENCE SINCE 1884
Guidelines for publication of
articles, sermons, and speeches
1. No more than 5000 words focusing on one of the following topics:
Reflections: For Such a Time as This
Biblical Studies and Perspectives
Care of the Body, Mind and Soul
What’s on your Bookshelf?
2. Double spaced ~ Times New Roman ~ 12 point font ~ Word Document only
3. Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition or Turabian 7th edition (www.chicagomanualofstyle.org)
4. End notes, consecutively numbered in superscript. In the body of the text, sources are briefly cited usually in parentheses, by author’s last name and date of publication. (Allen 1794)
5. Full bibliographic listing (example)
Richard Allen, A Narrative of the Proceedings of the Black People, During the Late Awful Calamity in Philadelphia in the Year 1793 and A Refutation of Some Censures Thrown upon them in some late Publications, (Philadelphia: William W. Woodward, 1794) 5-10.
6. Inclusive/non-sexist language
7. Biblical quotations in New Revised Standard (NRSV) or Common English Bible (CEB). Authors are responsible for accuracy of all scriptural references.
8. Biographical sketch of 100 words or less, Black and white photo (PNG or JPEG)
9. A “permission to reprint” statement if previously published (designate when and where, bibliographic information)
10. Electronically submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line: AME Review Submission
11. The editor will reply with any questions, suggested modifications, corrections, etc. prior to determination of publication, and proposed publication date.
12. Submissions accepted at any time.
The AME Review is published quarterly by the authority of the Commission on Publications of the African Methodist Episcopal Church.